GEORG Geothermal Research Cluster is re-sharing news on the upcoming corrosion conference in Turku, Finland, from May 31 to June 2, 2022.
Since 1954, the Nordic Corrosion Conference (NCC) has gathered researchers from all Nordic countries to network, exchange ideas, and present the latest results on the multilateral field of corrosion. Åbo Akademi University organizes the conference. After the successful NCC meeting in Copenhagen, Denmark, in 2018, the next 18th NCC meeting takes place in Turku, Finland.
Over the three days, the 18th NCC will address the newest developments in corrosion research, covering various industrial applications and technological areas. To name a few, the broad variety of topics contains fundamental research, equipment method, material design, and corrosion prevention.
- Monitoring and testing for research and industrial control
- Concrete and steel constructions – corrosion and protective strategies
- Degradation of non-metallic materials
- Durable materials in aggressive environments (chemical industry, HTHP)
- Environmental and health consequences of corrosion
- Corrosion protection of marine constructions (coatings, offshore wind turbines)
- Advanced analysis techniques for corrosion investigations
- Water and building installations (atmospheric corrosion, metal release, materials selection)
- Corrosion and reliability of electronics and micromechanics (testing, failure analysis, corrosion prevention)
- Corrosion in the energy sector
- Corrosion properties of advanced materials, surface coatings and new manufacturing techniques
Date of Conference: 31.5-2.6.2022
Abstract submission: March 11, 2022
200 -300 words + max. one fig, Calibri font size 10
Abstracts should be submitted to email@example.com
Notification of acceptance: March 31, 2022
Early bird registration deadline: April 8, 2022
Student 300€, Regular 500€
Registration deadline: May 2, 2022
Student 400€, Regular 650€