Our partners from KIT organize theirs 7th European Geothermal Workshop, which aims at discussing new approaches, methods or data in the fields of deep geothermal reservoirs for energy exploitation, with a strong focus on on-going research. It proposes a platform of scientific exchange, especially between Ph.D. students and scientists.
- Geothermal resources
- Exploration of geothermal reservoirs
- Geothermal wells
- Reservoir engineering
- Energy conversion systems
- Operation of geothermal systems
- Sustainability, environment and regulatory framework
- Computing and Data Management
Confirmed keynote speakers
- Prof. Dr. Joseph Moore (Uni. of Utah) – FORGE Project
- Prof. em Dr. Ladislaus Rybach (ETH Zurich) – Sustainability of Geothermal Systems
- Prof. Dr. Inga Berre (Uni. of Bergen)
A side event with a geothermal site visit to the EGS power plant by invitation from the Pfalzwerke geofuture GmbH on Friday, October 11.
Do not miss out on the important deadlines:
26 August: Abstract submission
24 September: Registration
The workshop will have three sessions:
- Keynote lectures:
Experienced scientists will discuss up-to-date practices, current research aspects or last state-of-the-art in specific topics relevant to the workshop. The discussion will follow.
- Oral sessions:
Speakers are invited to present their on-going work during a 12-minutes talk and a 3-minutes discussion.
- Poster sessions:
Posters can be seen and discussed all over the workshop and during specifically dedicated time periods. At the end of the workshop, prizes for the best posters will be awarded.
More details available online https://indico.scc.kit.edu/event/343/ or via email to EGW2019@agw.kit.edu